Monday, November 23, 2009

Table for Twelve

I decided to host Thanksgiving this weekend for a few of my British friends. I figured I'd invite a couple of them round to help me enjoy a truly glutonous holiday.

Somehow it turned into dinner for twelve! Before the festivities - the table is set and the green plastic patio furniture is pressed into action.


The bird. Juicy. Delicious. Fully stuffed. Believe it or not, it turned out alright. Yes, I was worried. I had a bit of panic when my bird was still a wee bit frozen when I was ready to stuff. Somehow a 7 kilo turkey does not thaw after 72 hours in my refrigerator.

The gang after the first three courses.. starter, soup and main. The pudding (dessert to the Americans) put us over the edge. Thanks to my friends for joining me on an American holiday in England. And to all my readers, I'm off to the States for work again so maybe no posts for a little bit depending on my adventures at work. Happy Thanksgiving. Gobble! Gobble!


1 comment:

lvt4cats said...

Nice looking bird, Lynda! Happy T-Day to you!