Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Water Sports

First off, let me say that this morning I had the most wonderful run in the snow. Absolutely without a doubt gorgeous. A great way to start the day.....

I have to admit, I've never spent so much time in or around water as I did on this trip to Australia. I loved it. I'm usually not much for spending time in the pool but when you have warm water like this, how can you resist? Here is a picture of Whitehaven beach. It is a pure silica beach and absolutely gorgeous. Because the silica reflects the light and heat, you can walk on this beach without burning the soles of your feet. It was tough fighting off the crowds....


Why not watch a movie at the outdoor theater? It's not often you have a beach as your backdrop.



Here Patti and I are standing at the coast. I constantly got the feeling that I was standing at the edge of the world.




I really, really tried to get this picture but I'm afraid without the expensive camera it doesn't do it justice. This is the view from my deck hammock. Full moon overlooking the bay. You can just make out the reflection of the water and a few boats. It was perfect with my glass of wine. Umm...


On one of our day adventures, we decided to bring the inflatable Bruce (from finding Nemo) along for some water fun.


Unfortunately, the water table didn't cooperate and Bruce ends up stranded. Poor Bruce.

Liam and Nemo aren't phased by this development though. They decide the creek is enough to swim in even though they can touch the bottom with their feet. Cannonballs on Bruce = not happening.


Lastly, another view of the water on my last day. A little rest out of the sun - time to put the feet up, the hat is off, the martini is cold and the view is lovely. Why, oh why did I have to come back to work? Oh yeah, that thing called a mortgage. Bummer.




No comments: