Monday, November 5, 2012

River Competition

Sorry I've been absent so long. Work and life are a bit of a struggle at the moment. All good things (of course) but I am not balancing my time well, hence no blogging. I'm using my lunch hour at work to catch up a bit though.


Unfortunately, I don't have the best pictures from this event. Good friends Tim and Shannon Phillis organized us into a team for the local Cookham Regatta. We entered into two events, Dragon Boat races and the Canoe Cat. (Just a note none of us have ever done this before, I'm manning the front right)



 I have to say, it's all fun and games until the last 45 seconds or so.



The form starts to go and you can see I'm not nearly in time with the other rowers as I should. A tough day!


 Tucker was brought along as number one fan.



He got some serious lovin' from Shannon



So serious, that he got very tired.


And fell asleep on Katy. Such a great teammate! She lets my dog fall asleep on her when he is tired. (Note: Katy was sleeping too) Also, you can see one of the drago boats in the background. Complete with dragon on the front and requisite drummer.

In the end, we won the losers bracket for the canoe cat. I have some celebratory pictures around here somewhere. We celebrated in style by drinking bubbly out of the cup. If I get mono, you know why. PS I voted. Yeah!

No comments: