Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Spring Break in Italy (yet again)

Yet another year where I get really lazy and head off to Italy for a week's worth of cycling. I can't help it. I don't have to do anything but show up and make the decision of what to choose from the buffet. It's easy. This year, we had some sun and some clouds but the weather was better than in England so it made it worthwhile. Surprisingly, there are lots of photos of me for a change. (I obviously only put the good ones in......)


On the day we cycled to the barbeque, I thought I would take advantage of the lounge chair. And the wine with lunch made me sleepy.


 Climbing up a hill. I was actually first for a change, but only because Marc chose to take the day off. It really was quite steep, I'm having to look at my feet to see if they are still moving.



The wine made me sleep and it made Simon giddy. Or he is happy that he stole the whole pitcher.


Paul, me and Gope resting up. Sorry about the pictue Paul, nice face. If it makes you feel any better, my sunglasses are sitting funny on my head. No, doesn't help. You look funnier.


On the last day, I rode with the fast group. When we finally got to stop, it was only a few steps from the top. Plenty of climbing in Italy. Did you know there are hills there??



 Making our way down to the lookout point and trying not to fall on our rear ends in slippy cycling shoes.



 The lovely water. Some day I will actually go there when it is warm enough to swim in the water!


 This would be my Pippi Longstocking look.


Not quite sure why I was posing all the time. It must have been the sun dazzling my brain.



Last day. My good friends enjoying our final beer and Italian pizza. Such fun!

No comments: