Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Best Buddies

In a few weeks time, I am going to participating in a 100 mile charity ride raising money for an organization called Best Buddies. I got involved through my company who is helping to sponsor the event for a very good cause. The mission of Best Buddies is to enhance the lives of people with intellectual disabilities by providing opportunities for one-to-one friendships and integrated employment. I could go on and on about how great the organization is but feel free to check it out for yourself at bestbuddies.org.


Last time I was back in the States, we went on a group ride with our buddy Carlos (show in the white jersey with his arm around Kim). Carlos is going to be riding the tandem during the friendship races and is excited and eager about his training! He also told me I have great silver shoes - you can't seem them though, they are hidden by the grass (I'm second from the right).


So for those of you who would like to make a tax deduction to a good cause, please think about sponsoring me as a rider in this event. The event is fun, the charity is backed by the Shriver family (Maria and Ah-nold will be at the event) and the money definitely goes to a good cause. (And I will NOT make a shameless plug to everyone I've ever sponsored and their great causes) You can sponsor me by going to the website below, clicking Sponsor Rider, and searching for my name. Thank You!!!!


No comments: