Thursday, May 21, 2009

Just Call Me a Guinea Pig

My good friend Tom needed a few subjects for a cycling study so I volunteered to help out. The study took into account cycling technique and how that affected your heart rate, oxygen intake, etc.


As part of the study, reflectors are placed at key points and filmed by 12 separate cameras. This gets transmitted to the computer where you can see my form and technique. Very much like The Matrix or how they film people for video games! I'm glowing!!





Next they set up the test bike in the middle of the cameras



Here I am looking extremely happy that I'm wearing a very attractive nose clip to keep me from breathing through my nose. At least I'm glowing.



I'm sure they are discussing how excellent I am doing. Don't even ask why Lee is wearing latex gloves. It's all in the name of science....


As promised, I'm off to Barcelona for a week so photos and stories when I get back. Happy Memorial Day my U.S. readers...

No comments: