Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Green Grass of ......

California? I was in California for work the other week and got to take the new bike for its maiden voyage. It was a little chilly in the morning but warmed up nicely.

I took the bike up for a ride through Del Puerto Canyon. The roads were empty, the countryside was lush and green and the sky blue. A lovely ride. (I sound like I'm gushing. Am I gushing?)


For the record, I was stopping to take a picture of this gurgling brook, not stopping to rest. Nope. Not me.

At the top to the county line. I just had to have a picture of the county line sign and the one right behind you warning that there will be cattle for the next 31 miles. Those must be some tired cattle!

Lastly, a picture of the valley as I hang out and wait for my riding buddy. It looks so nice green. It's a shame it will be brown and scorching in two months. By the way, I used to love the book the Green Grass of Wyoming (inspiration for the title). Ever read it? My Friend Flicka? Good times...


And while I was away, Tucker was causing a ruckus in the UK. Although he is all sweet and innocent here begging Beth for some treats, he decided to cause some stress chasing after squirrels and digging for bunnies. As Beth and John pointed out (thanks for watching him and for the photo) - he is acting like an unruly teenager. He doesn't come when he is called and he sleeps late. I am seriously in their debt.

No comments: