Monday, September 13, 2010

Paris

Again, I'm not sure why it has taken me so long to post this. Some how I used to find time to do this and my job. Now I can barely do this and look for a job. Crazy. Anyway, brother Ken and sister-in-law Rachel came to town for a trip to France. We started in Paris and ended at Alpe d'Huez. Ahh... gay Paree.... We stayed across from the Jardin des Tuilieries. As usual, I am enamored of giant statues.

The park at sunset. The Lourve is behind the archway with the four horsemen.


Not sure why the French don't want you to hold hands with your children, but, here you go.


Rachel organized us to take a behind-the-scenes bike tour of Paris. Specifically the areas around Notre Dame and the musuem area. Here we are setting off for some two wheeled fun.



Again, me with archways. This time at least I put Ken and Rachel in the picture.



One of the bridges leading to Notre Dame is filled with thousands of locks. The story is that lovers come to the bridge, fasten a lock to the bridge and then throw the key into the river to symbolize their love. Needless to say, the standing joke is that there are a lot of combination locks being spotted on the bridge these days....


Loved the banner for this shop. Not your typical sign.


Popping wheelies at the Louvre. Wait, just Ken and Rachel smiling. :o)


The controversial entrance to the Louvre. I actually think it fits in very well. I never made it inside on this trip however. I visited my favorite Musee d'Orsay instead.



Looking for gargoyles and Quasimodo at Notre Dame.


Hanging out in front of the Champs Elysee before the Tour. No crazy cars driving around as it was already closed for the big race.


I went to see Van Gogh at the Musee d'Orsay. Nothing like a little crazy art to get the brain working again. I highly recommend.


I loved this sign letting people know they could plug in their electric cars in the garage. Tres cool!


And finally, you have to see Le Tour Eiffel in the evenings, don't you? We had a wonderful view on a beautiful night. Very nice. I can't wait to go back and eat, drink and tour again.

No comments: