Friday, September 12, 2008

Intervention

Well, I made it back to the UK but I'm still missing the company of my favorite neutered male. After much frustration, stress, long delays and plenty of tears from me - Tucker arrived at Heathrow only to be booked into quarantine for the evening. I'll give you the full story with photos after I spring him out of jail sometime this weekend (hopefully).




In the meantime, I had a little revelation on my way back into the living room. After surveying the scene on the coffee table, I realized it's time to spend more time unplugged. For those of you counting at home, you are looking at two laptops, two crackberrys, an iPod, digital camera cord and CD. Thankfully, it gets balanced by the two bottles of water and my three books I've got queued up. Sadly, I've only been home about 5 hours and this is what I ended up with. Even more sad - it's a Friday night. The funny part is, I hate this. Really, after spending all day working in technology, the last thing I ever want to do is turn on the computer. A good book, comfy place to sit and glass of wine is much more preferred. Thank goodness the triathlon group has a pub crawl scheduled for tomorrow evening (after the morning group ride naturally), at least I'll be social and not staring at electronics.

Thanks again to everyone who could carve some time out of their schedule to spend some time with me this past week. It was great seeing everyone in San Fran, Motown and around the coast.

Still Missing My Mutt,
me

No comments: