Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Quiz Time

Since much revolves around the pub in my life, I thought I'd share that it is not just my devient tendencies that draw Tucker and I out on numerous evenings.

In Britain, Trivia Night is huge here. Some of you may play this in big American cities. Often called Pub Quiz or Quiz Night. Here in the UK, it seems almost every pub hosts an evening of friendly competition among the tables. At our Tuesday trivia night, it always starts with a one page identification (like 70's pictures of people - pictured above - or in previous games - movie posters or outlines of countries) and then 6 rounds of questions.


I'm happy to say that our team, The Dog Is the Clever One - named because of course Tucker comes with us - has two second place finishes and one first place. Needless to say, I contribute nothing. Well, I buy a round of pints or two. I think that's why I'm invited along.


2 comments:

SPQR said...

I would like to invite you to join my group in facebook in battling the cheaters in pub quizzes using their phones. It's a little unfair that if you've got the money to own one, that you can cheat and receive all the glory of winning your local pub quiz.

Let's get united to Stop Pub Quiz Rascals

Lynda said...

Are you kidding me? You've got too much time on your hands.