Wednesday, April 22, 2009

It Helps When The Field is Small

Okay, so my posts are getting lame these days. They will get better. Really. I've got some new trips planned this summer and some tourist-y things on the agenda so hopefully you'll get to see a bit more of Britain and Europe. In the mean time, here's what I did this weekend.


There was a local duathlon in the area so I signed up with a few of my teammates. The race was a 5K cross country run (it was muddy), 20K bike and 5K run again. It was a bit cold at the start, for some reason the clouds and wind were not friendly. Luckily it cleared up. Here we are before the start of the ladies and veterans start (veterans = masters, old people)


Me running - not quite sure what is going on with my legs. Looking a little funky, eh?




Me biking. Yes, I'm climbing a hill but why do I have my hands over the brakes? Will I need to suddenly slow down in the middle of climb?



At the finish. Michael (in red) finished 6th overall. He's quite a fast little bugger. I, on the other hand, finished 6th in the Women's race. It helps when there are only 46 women in the race. :o)
By the way, I'm in the U.S. for the week for work so no UK updates for a few days.....

No comments: