Friday, August 7, 2009

Alternative Housing

I'm still working too much. Good thing I created this post in May just in case I ran out of material.

A popular housing and travel option here in the UK is the house boat. Due to the massive canal and river structure in the UK (thank the Romans who needed to move their armies around), house boats line the shores
You've got your basic house boat tied up next to the river bank (ignore Tucker looking guilty in the picture)


Then you've got your house boats that are permantenly moored (as permanent as a boat can be) by the river side where you settle into mowing the lawn and tending the garden.



And then you've got the boats where you put your garden ON the boat. Not much room on this deck!

There you go. Just something I found interesting as Tucker and I walk by so many on our Thames jaunts.

No comments: