Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Taj Mahal

In case you haven't heard by now.... I went to India and got to see the Taj Mahal.


This is the entrance 'gate' to the Taj Mahal. Nice and small, no?

Through the gate and off to one of the Seven Wonders of the World.

I think this one was taken with the crackberry.


Look ma! I'm really here! I do almost look photo shopped though, don't I?



What most people may not know is that the Taj Mahal is made up of thousands of inlaid jewels. These patterns were carved out of the marble and then filled with precious stones.


Your shoes are not allowed to touch the mausoleum ground. I've got the cool booties on rather than taking my shoes off and going barefoot here. Wasn't really a tough call.

The sun was setting as we got there so the light was amazing.

Up close and marbled.

Another photo as the sun sets. I even caught part of the reflection. Yeah me!

Lastly, unattractive photo number 1,076. Apparently all my rice and nan bread is taking it's toll.

No comments: