Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Alpine Fun - Part 1

After missing out last year, I decided I needed to discover all the fantastic skiing that sits in Europe. So, I took a quick trip last weekend for some ski time in the Alps. I flew an hour to Switzerland and we drove an hour to France and voila! We are at the pistes!

The weather was quite warm but there was still good snow on the mountain.

Lysandra lives in Switzerland and drove in to play with us, Julian also lives in Switzerland was the great host and tour guide, Michael, Sarah and I just played sherpa and did what we were told.

Not sure why my goggles are upside down on my head. Oh yeah. Because they awful. Also, why is it that Lysandra looks fabulous in her ski attire and I look like the Stay Puff Marshmallow Man?

Michael and Lysandra pose for quick pic before speeding away.


Ahhh.. a well earned refreshment at the end of the day!

Even better, time for some fuel. I had to include these photos because this is part of why I love my friends. We ordered massive amounts of food and loved it all. Ribs, pork chops, steak ... ahh... triathletes know how to fuel up.

Nothing remains after the carnage.


And finally, Lysandra is shocked by just how much everyone can keep consuming. Dessert looks (and tasted) great. Eating is fun.

Lastly, a self portrait on the lift the next day. Properly fueled, we had a great time hitting the slopes for Day 2.

No comments: