Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Bikes, Not Burglary

Since London seems to be kicking off (as they say in British) right now, I thought I'd write about my recent trip to France rather than a bunch of hooligans looting and stealing stuff. However, I should mention that I had yet another bicycle stolen from the train station. Argh!!! Most annoying. Anyway, here are some bikes I'll never be able to afford.

My recent trip to France put me once again at the famous Tour de France. Here my timing is awful as I try to get the cyclist coming at me at a rate of almost 30 mph on the flat.



This is what happens when you don't press the shutter at the right time and end up just taking a picture of the team car.....


Finally!  A shot of both a rider and the car. It was very cool. Even if you are not a bicycle geek.


How many motorcycle cops does it take to lead out 150 riders? Answer: a lot. The route took the cyclists almost an hour to ride in most cases so there were about 35 police on the course at any one time! Along with the cyclists of course.

Even the travelling gnome put in an appearance. He is getting excited for the Europecar racer.


I inched my way closer to the start.....


And voila! I'm able to see the emaciated, hairless rider in a skin suite up close. I'm really admiring his wheels....



Lastly, a Sky rider out of the chute. I know, you probably aren't so excited about this but it was very exciting since it came down to the last 15 minutes of the race. More soon... work continues to be mental which cuts into my posting time and my desire to turn on the computer when I get home. I promise, I'm safe and sound - (aside from being hit by an old lady on my commuter bike the other day. let's just say I've got some new scars and not having the best bike luck lately) and working a little too much. I've got some more photos and odd bits to show so you'll see them soon. Amazingly, they aren't of Tucker. Who would have thought...

No comments: