Monday, February 20, 2012

Alpe d'Huez - only 6 months later...

I know I had promising these for ages, but I finally grabbed some photos from my fellow travel companions for the trip to Alp d'Huez in July. Earlier posts from before the race and after the race are here and here.

Mr. Booker shows us his best side as he has a bit of Tour de France fun with the pavement.



 Whoohoo! My name is immortalized..


Until it rained. Notice the lovely race conditions and what the spectators are wearing? You'd never guess it was July, would you? I think I was on my last lap at this point. Thankfully the camera isn't on a close up so you can't see me grimacing.


 Chris gets a great shot of John as he finished. Unfortunately, not such a great finishing photo for me - too many people in the way - so you'll just have to believe me that I finished.


 All smiles that we are still alive....


Of course, it's lovely and clear in the valley on the way down to dinner. Why not? I only spent about 8.5 hours racing in the rain. Thanks to John and Chris for the photos and happy memories. I think I'll post more sunny pictures in cold February. Then again, not sure I have any....

No comments: