Friday, July 6, 2012

Mallorca, When You Don't Have To Race

A great part about being a spectator at a beachside sporting event meant no stress and no restrictions on my exercise or eating regiment. Needless to say, I took advantage of it all.


One of my favorite views..... the sun! Weather is rubbish again in England. Did you hear it was the rainiest June in history? Thank goodnesss I had gotten my sun fix in May before that happened.



Spoiling the view? nope! Just relaxing after a pre-race swim in the bay. Gope and Paul were racing, Katy and I were spectators extraordinaire. With that said, I did swim, bike and run while I was there.



I'm trying to pretend this is on Paul's pre-race diet but who am I kidding? I gave him a spoon just to be nice.



Day before the race. Notice what the racing boys are drinking and the spectating gals are drinking? Oh yeah. That's how you go on holiday.


Lovely view of the beach before the big race. It was a bit more chaotic the next day.



This dolphin is also enjoying the tranquility.



Aside from the strange hotel, we were located in a great area. We were quite close to the beach and within walking distance of heading into the Old Town for visiting the market. It's a walled town and has quite a bit of charm.



Keeping my skin the same color as it was in England. Pale.


Loved the view of the old clock tower at the top and the narrow market street. too bad the other tourist wrecked my photo.



Finally, this is after the race (race photos next - not that I am racing but hey), where Gope and I are all smiles as he survived and now we've got sangria. Yum!

No comments: