Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Anniversaries

October is a big month for my family - it is particularly a milestone event for my father this year.

My father is retiring this month after working for General Motors for 45 years. I've always been amazed at his work ethic but this boggles my mind. My hat is off to GM as well. Even though most of my friends would never buy an American car (for various unfounded reasons) I'd still like to thank the company that kept my father employed for so many years. I, in turn, was the lucky recipient of food, clothing, shelter, volleyball camps, soccer camps, barbie dolls (yes, I had them, they were there to ride the plastic horses), Lite Brite sets and everything else that was provided for by that paycheck. Thanks GM and way to go Dad!


You'd think after 45 years though, my dad would learn some fashion sense. Geez, dad...




The rest of the family is also celebrating some special milestones. Older brother Bob and sister-in-law Tara are celebrating their one year anniversary this month. (And for the record, this is the ONLY photo I have of the two of them, taken before they were even engaged. You'd think a guy would send a photo to his sister once in awhile. Especially since she lives kinda far away)




Younger brother Ken and sister-in-law Rachel are celebrating their two year anniversary this month. (Nothing to give them a hard time about at the moment except for maybe their wishy-washy travel plans next month)


And Mom and Dad are celebrating their 39th wedding anniversary this month. What is it with October weddings among the men in my family?

Congratulations to Dad, Mom, Ken, Rachel, Bob and Tara. I love you all and am looking forward to our Christmas reunion (without Tucker unfortunately).

Love,
me

No comments: