Friday, August 3, 2012

Olympic Mania

I know I'm a little behind, but that thing called work has been getting in the way.

 It's Olympic mania here in London and it is fantastic. I've never seen so many happy people in my life. Starting with all of these people who lined the streets of Windsor for....



The Olympic Torch Relay!! Whoo hoo! Lining the streets to watch fire go by. Exciting! Here is the transport for all the torch bearers. I think they each get to run a mile or so and then it's back to the bus to wave and watch the journey.



After the key torch bearers, time for a sponsor or two.....


Then, the Met's finest get ready to go undercover.



These guys got to serve and protect on two wheels....


While those around the torch had to run. I'm not entirely sure who this torch bearer is. He seems a bit like astronaut though all dressed in white. Or a sacrificial lamb.



 Go torch man!!

Bye torch man! And that is how the Olympic flame came to Windsor before it was put into all the copper pots during the Opening ceremony.



Also, my main commute has some new signs and colours. It really is quite disturbing to see all the Olympians and different officials cross your path. I swear I almost ran over a badminton squad. More from the ACTUAL Olympics next!!!!!!!

No comments: