Thursday, November 10, 2011

Vatican Museums

Okay, so this post is driving me a bit insane. I can't get the pictures right so I am giving up. Apologies in advance for the out of sequence and color change. I used my camera, my blackberry and Radhika's camera to try and pull this together.... so Radhika and I spent our Friday night on a tour of the Vatican museums. As the sun set we approached the corner of the 6 story wall.

Did you know the Vatican has it's own radio station? Of course it does. Doesn't every country?



You had to look EVERYWHERE in the museums. There was amazing stuff every time you turned your head. Just looking at the ceiling put you in awe.


One of my favorite places ever is the map room. I couldn't get the photos in the right order and I couldn't caption everything (grr!) so forgive the out of sequence. Anyway, one huge hallway is filled with painted maps since you didn't exactly have GPS back in the olden days....
Very detailed and accurate. Impressive for being so old.



Along with admiring the ceiling, the floors were equally impressive.



Even more impressive is the number of people in the musuem at this hour. I know friends who queued for 3 hours just to get in (it took us about 10 minutes) and then it was packed. Definitely a Friday night visit is the way to go....



No comments: