Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The Coliseum

In an attempt to show off some of my photos better, I'm trying to change up the blog for a better display. If this doesn't work, I'll revert back and see what I can do.

I'm finally getting the Rome pictures sorted and it's no easy task! Lots of good ones to choose from so I will apologize in advance for the over kill of all things Roman. Following up on Roman ruins, the Coliseum. Every time I look at these pictures I seriously want to go watch Gladiator.




I really enjoyed the displays that showed how they got people and animals from below the arena floor out on to the playing field. You'll have to imagine the lions, tigers, bears and gladiators all in their own areas just ready for their appearance. Too bad they rarely got to go back down.






Just proof that I actually went and didn't scan in a bunch of post cards. I didn't anticipate how hot and sunny it was going to be so had to invest in a street side hat to keep the skin from turning pink. Well worth my 5 euros.  



Like I said, lots of photos to get through. You'll almost feel as if you are at the neighbors house watching home movies of their vacations......

No comments: