Friday, November 14, 2008

Not a Princess

From an earlier post, you might remember my box spring that wouldn't fit down the stairs. I finally got it taken care of and I'm happy to say that I'm back in my fabulous bed!

Umm... but it's kind of high. I know this picture can't really give you a good idea so I created a picture to help. British mattresses are meant to sit directly on the bed frame (think IKEA beds) or, the box spring - or as they call it, the divan - sits directly on the floor. Well, I wasn't about to give up my wrought iron bed frame.


Think 7 inches off the floor with the bed frame

....Then add the divan (about three times the height of my box spring at 13 inches)

....Then add my oversized mattress (about 12 inches)

....Next comes the mattress pad

... sheets

...blanket

and down comforter!


The finished product! Again, the scale kind of stinks but if you'll notice the mattress is several inches ABOVE the stacked books on the bedside. Okay, so it is funnier in person and I probably shouldn't be showing pictures of my bed but it really is quite hilarious. I could use a step ladder to get into my own bed. Just picture The Princess and the Pea but without the princess.

No comments: