Sunday, November 23, 2008

What To Do In Winter

The temperature dropped this week and it is quite cold and dark in England. But what can you do -it's winter. As promised, no more biking photos because I'm spending a bit more time inside.


Good friends Rick and Karena came in town and we ventured to the British Museum for the day. I think the Egyptians stole this copy of the Joe Louis fist. (If you've ever been to Detroit or watched a Red Wings game on TV, you'll know what I am talking about)



Does this remind you of any particular four legged mutt?



I liked this piece from a 500+ year old chess set. The Bishop looks like he is stressed to be a part of the game.


Rick, Karena and I finish off the museum tour at a nearby wine bar. After two nights at the pub we thought we'd mix it up a bit. Thanks again for coming to visit! (and look for more cool photos that I am going to steal from Rick's camera after they finish their European vacation)


Amazingly enough, when I took Tucker for a walk this morning, it started to snow. Good thing the Dogloo is built for these conditions.


Since I'd planned on biking today... and now that it is snowing (which I'm sure will turn into freezing rain) I've decided to embrace my winter conditions and relax by the fire. Well, not really - I'll probably hit the gym, grocery store and clean the flat today in anticipation of my Thanksgiving guests. But a nap by the fire will be mandatory today. Whahoo!

Have a wonderful week everyone and a lovely Thanksgiving. Please don't forget to enjoy life and remember family and friends this week. KKC - my thoughts are with you and your family. I'll be remembering your wonderful mother and thinking of you.

No comments: