Sunday, July 20, 2008

Finally! Something Comes Out of the Closet

It's a joyous weekend - I finally have a closet! To be precise, I now have a wardrobe. Two of 'em as a matter of fact but who's gloating?



Michelle, a girl from work, was gracious enough to offer the services of her husband Greg, who just happens to be a handyman. They came over on Friday night to help me assemble my IKEA purchases. Here Greg shows me how my patio doors open. I had no idea the whole thing slides out of the way! I thought they were two sets of French doors. As soon as I get some furniture, I will be ready for entertaining. (And my apologies to Greg for catching him at an awkward time. He really kind of looks odd in this photo, doesn't he?)



The final product for the bedroom wardrobe. You'd never know that we had to take it apart twice due to mistakes on assembly and the fact that it wouldn't fit through the door assembled. Note to self: always build wardrobes in the room where you plan to put it.



And now with clothing! I am so excited. Sad, I know, but its weird ironing all your clothes and then laying them on the floor so they don't get wrinkled.
My apologies for the following photos, they were taken with my camera phone.




Saturday was bright and quite clear so I spent some time on my bike. Here's a photo to show you that the Saturday rides end at a cafe and not at a pub. I don't want everyone to think that everything I do here is alcoholic. Here Jane sits in front of the bridge - it crosses the Thames and heads over to Eton.




Simon and Armando? Alando? Fernando? (I've already forgotten his name) chat about his recent trip to Italy.





Just a shot of pedestrian area on the other side of the cafe. By the way, it is called The Chocolate Cafe. Once again, karma. Definitely the place for me!




On Sunday I braved the wind and did a little more bike touring. This time I wandered through the Great Park only to find it full of equestrian events. Can it be any more English than Dressage, Show Jumping and Polo? Dressage...






Show Jumping...




Polo..... (sorry for the awful photo but the zoom apparently makes the photo smaller)


Don't forget it is not just the players who may need medical attention.





I liked this photo of all the Horse RVs. If you think RVs are big in California, you should see the rolling Horse-mobiles!

And so ends another weekend in Windsor. Oh, and by the way, continuing my battle with appliances and technology, I had to have the maintenance guy come out. My washer was filling with water when not in use. Not good when you have a front loader and you leave the door open for venting. Of course, I have no idea if that is how it is supposed to work or if it is a problem. Luckily my fellow cyclists assured me it was not the English way of doing things. Washing Machine working again: check.

2 comments:

Mama TT said...

You're already turning so british! What's dressage?

Barb said...

You haven't seen RVs until you've been to Holland...or at least vacationed where the Dutch vacation...and then all you'll seen are NL campers.
I'm jealous of all the biking you're doing....would love to come visit and partake.
Barb